Eidolon's Home
   Home   Help Search Groups Calendar Login Register  
June 23, 2018, 12:12:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Research/Summaries  (Read 6033 times)
Viper

View Profile WWW Email
on: March 19, 2008, 02:25:12 am

Here is where I will post requested thoughts or reviews on specific gun models.  I do my own fairly thorough research beforehand.  All sources will or should be cited within summary.

Requests on reviewing specific models of airsoft weapons may be made in this topic as well.  I will give priority to first-come, first-serve and team members, as I may start getting inquiries from others in the general discussion area.  Clarifications may be made through edits or personal messages.

Viper

Viper

W.E.S.T. - West Evansville Strike Team
http://www.westairsoft.com
Viper

View Profile WWW Email
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:37:41 am

A&K M249  SAW  -- requested by Doc

researched 3/19/2008

M249 MK2 review
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/2062

M249 Para/MKI DETAILED REVIEW
http://storm-soc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=59&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

fps is rated at 300 - 350
321 fps with 0.20g bb's
(best calculated guess based on 0.96 J given in second review)

Viper summary
-good, metal gun
-minor physical flaws
suggest:
-battery upgrade &/or spare batteries
(takes 9.6V small type but is quoted to accomodate nun-chuck type as well)
-order more bb's (high rate of fire)
-sling

hop-up unit may need work or replacement if less effective

May be able to carry a larger custom battery in the stock if purchase the MK2 version.  As details are sketchy on that, and a fixed stock will increase awkwardness when moving in the field, I would suggest getting the MKI or Para version.

A&K's gun is supposed to include a case with the gun when shipped from Evike.com and they have also reportedly resolved the feeding issues in their models.

Current retail price on Evike for each of the three models is $350.

Viper

Viper

Cambo Slice
Eidolon

View Profile WWW Email
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:43:35 am

Unless that is the same guy on a different forum, that second link to a review was stolen from a guy on Arnies.

Comrade Ben
Guffie Coalition

View Profile WWW Email
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:12 am

hey when will you west guys are going to start playing again ?? GC misses you

Viper

View Profile WWW Email
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:40 pm

0.25g BB Shoot Test Results

Brands included in test: Matrix (evike.com), Airsoft Elite, MadBull, KSC

Matrix
(rebranded bb's sold by Evike under their store brand)
Maximum Precision Airsoft 6mm BBs 0.25g

Review:
medium-low grade
bb's move a little stiff through speed loader
500 bb's per $1  (when buying large quantities)
5 bb's in 26 deviated from course after 30ft

Acceptable for mid to low range guns with stock barrels and some 6.03mm or larger tightbore barrels.  Lacks desired high precision for veteran players.

KSC
Perfect 0.25g BB

Review:
medium-high grade
bb's move without stiffness through speed loader
200 bb's per $1 (retail in-store at qty of 3000)
3 bb's in 26 deviated from course after 30ft

Above average performance for mid-range bb's.  Not cutting edge performance but would perform sufficiently well if high precision not desired.

MadBull  high quality upgrade parts and bb manufacturer
0.25g Match BB (Match Grade)
Dia: 5.95+/-0.01mm
Process: Multi-Polish
Features: Accurate w/o jamming & smashing

Review:
bb's move fluidly through speed loader
222 bb's per $1 (retail in-store at qty of 4000)
2 bb's in 26 deviated from course after 30ft

Exceptional performance and quality of bb.  Perfect for any tightbore barrel.  BB's were polished which made feeding through speedloaderextraordinarily smooth.  Precision matches or exceeds desired precision.

Airsoft Elite
Extreme Precision BBs 0.25g

Review:
bb's move well through speed loader
250 bb's per $1 (retail in-store at qty of 3000)
1 bb's in 26 deviated from course after 30ft

Exceptional performance and quality of bb.  Perfect for any tightbore barrel.  BB's had a slight polish to them but not as smooth as the MadBull.  Precision matches or exceeds desired precision.

Conclusions:
The goal of this test was to find ammunition that performed statistically well for my platform. The results of this test were posted to assist other players in finding ammunition that worked for them too.  I declare a tie between MadBull and Airsoft Elite.  Which brand I use will depend on the availability of the ammunition and where I am placing orders as that will affect the added cost of shipping.

Conditions for testing:
Custom ICS MP5A-F using a JBU 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel at 407mm.  8.4V NiMH battery.  On average the rifle shoots 348fps with 0.25g bb's.  Barrel was NOT cleaned or oiled before test.  I wanted a dirty barrel test for proof of performance under normal conditions, not lab results.  The same JG shorty 30 rd magazine was used for all tests for consistency.  The same plastic speed loader used for loading all bb's.  Battery was <u>not</u> charged to peak prior to tests, as I wanted average battery power performance.  Some of the deviations could be discarded due to a moderately worn tightbore barrel.  Again, I wanted to field test this with a reliable, field-proven platform.  Shoot took place outdoors under a slight overcast with 86.4°F temp, 1mph E avg wind, 41% humidity. 88°F heat index.  Deviations were based on the relative trajectory of the bb using the iron sights on the MP5.  Shots were fired in semi-automatic firing mode.

Other Notes:
The KSC and MadBull bb's were purchased from AirsoftArms store front.  MadBull also makes other grades of BB's.  I wanted to test bb's that would be readily available for most airsofters.  The Airsoft Elite and Matrix bb's were ordered online from evike.com.  The author fronted the costs (bb's) of the test himself.  Note use of the word "precision" in this review, as the performance was determining how close bb's grouped relative to one another.  Accuracy is a bb's placement relative to a target. But just because a rifle may be accurate doesn't imply that it shoots with a high degree of precision. Condition of the inner barrel, magazine feeding, hop-up chamber, and hop-up bucking also alter performance.  The hop-up chamber and bucking were replaced with new parts a few months ago. Regular inner barrel cleaning should help improve performance. Results are from shooting several mags worth ammo for each brand of bb.  The 26 rounds is how many I can shoot from the shorty mag before it is empty. None of the bb's tested, jammed in the barrel.

-Viper
Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:48:44 pm by Viper Logged

Viper

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS